hoopla is a digital media service that allows you to borrow movies, music, audiobooks, ebooks, comics and TV shows to enjoy on your computer, tablet, or phone—and even your TV! With no waiting, titles can be streamed immediately, or downloaded to phones or tablets for offline enjoyment later.
How to Get Started:
- Visit hoopla.
- Set up an account by providing an email address and creating a password.
- Choose your home library and enter your library card number.
- Once registered, you can log-in with your email address and password.
- To use hoopla on your smartphone or tablet, download the hoopla Digital app to your device.
For a more detailed guide on how to navigate hoopla, download our help guide.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the loan period for items?
- e-books, comics, and e-audiobooks = 21 days
- Movies and television shows = 72 hours (3 days)
- Music albums = 7 days
How many titles can I borrow?
You can borrow a total of 5 titles per month. This limit will reset at the beginning of the calendar month. Unused borrows will not roll over into the next month.
How do I view hoopla content on my web browser?
Visit https://www.hoopladigital.com/ to get started. Hoopla supports Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge, and Safari. It is always recommended that you use the latest version of any browser to ensure you have the best possible user experience.
Do I need internet access?
An internet connection is required to access, borrow, and download hoopla content. Content can be streamed on a PC or Mac. Borrowed titles can also be streamed and temporarily downloaded to iOS and Android devices. You can view downloaded content on your smartphone or tablet offline.
How do I use hoopla on my smartphone or tablet?
By downloading the hoopla Digital app.